Overall Course Goals
Upon completion of this course, the student should:
1. Be able to describe food borne diseases and causes, highly susceptible populations, the inspection process and the food manager's responsibilities.
2. Gain an understanding of microorganisms and how to prevent food borne illness.
3. Gain an understanding of how food service employees can contaminate food.
4. Develop a working knowledge of safe and sanitary procedures used in food service.
5. Develop an understanding of the importance of maintaining an efficient cleaning and sanitizing program in a food service operation.
- Teacher: Jeffrey Gnagey